Yesterday in Sydney the IBM team held an amazing event with the largest number of partners we have ever had for a SmartCamp. There were many highlights not least the companies. In addition we were delighted to hear Peter Kazacos war stories. We’ll post a full review next week in the meantime we wanted to announce that Crop Logic were selected by the judges in a very tight race. They have a solution to manage yield and water supply for potatoe management for which there will be 2 billion end consumers. When we started the program 2.5 years about we never thought we’d find Smart Potatoes. Check out here for more info and photos.
What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- Can Digital Health Shape Africa's Future? Blog post featuring #IBMSmartCamp alum @Sproxil. goo.gl/Dq3Ip #HXLGlobalGathering 19 hours ago
- #IBMSmartCamp alum @ashifi of @sproxil to speak at @health_xl Global Gathering in Dublin May 30 goo.gl/uq31L #HXLGlobalGathering 2 days ago
- Want #IBMWatson on your phone? You may have it shortly. See the exciting announcement from #SmarterCommerce ibm.co/14XUWif 3 days ago
- RT @ibmGE: Portraits of an Ecosystem: The Startup Incubator-- how entrepreneurs are helping to grow innovation in East Africa twitter.com/nsm… 3 days ago
- The Smarter Friday Facebook Chat on innovation in Africa is happening now! Add your voice by commenting on posts: ibm.co/183Rm6A 1 week ago