What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- Congrats @AstraIDentity - a finalist at #IBMSmartCamp Cambridge. Welcome to partnering with #IBM. You guys rock! bit.ly/UILe1z 1 hour ago
- RT @christinekeung: We won @IBMSmartCamp! @RosieApp heading to Silicon Valley for Nationals! http://t.co/EaPzCdTZv4 21 hours ago
- It’s all roses for @RosieApp at #IBMSmartCamp Cambridge. Congrats on the great event @IBMCambridge! Read the story -> bit.ly/UILe1z 21 hours ago
- A mobile shopping app and a workforce that is 50% women?! Congrats to our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @RosieApp! bit.ly/1nBpZdy 4 days ago
- Excited to announce our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @Rosie! @sandy_carter congratulates the team in her blog: bit.ly/1nBpZdy 4 days ago
Author Archives: IBM Global Entrepreneur
The house was packed for last week’s SmartCamp Cambridge event! With 6 startups competing for the win, it was Rosie that rose to the top to win the SmartCamp Cambridge! So why Rosie? Well for starters, Rosie is a leading … Continue reading
The IBM SmartCamp Lagos event will be held on July 18th at the IBM West Africa campus in Lagos. Once again, this SmartCamp is co-sponsored by Tech4Africa! Both IBM and Tech4Africa have enjoyed a successful partnership in the SmartCamp series. … Continue reading
Once again, Tech4Africa will play as host to an IBM entrepreneurial event, IBM SmartCamp Nairobi! The event will take place on July 1st at the Bishop Magua Centre. This year’s event includes three finalists for the SmartCamp competition. Here’s a … Continue reading
Last week, the SmartCamp event for New York was held with a focus on Watson-related solutions. The winner was Yosko! With their mobile-based solutions, Yosko provides access to the electronic medical records, facilitates exchanges between physicians, and improves care team … Continue reading
SmartCamps are back! And there’s been a buzz of activity all around for startups and entrepreneurs. So far there’s been IBM startup related events around the world! We recently blogged about events in Chicago and Austin. In addition, there have … Continue reading
It was standing room only at the SmartCamp Austin event on June 11th. With a turnout of over 120 people, the energy in the room was immediately noticeable. Some of the best startups in Austin made it to the finals, … Continue reading
On Tuesday, May 27th, Chicagoland entrepreneurs, startups, VCs, and IBMers gathered for Technori Pitch. This event is an amazingly fun pitch night that brings together over 500 Chicagoland startup enthusiasts to hear five impassioned startups pitch their products and services. … Continue reading