What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- 2 Latin America Start-ups to watch! They Won Their Regional Finals by transforming industries!
- Content transformation and Fire fighting: Two startups make it to Global Finals!
- Easier mobile app development tools take over SmartCamp Europe Regionals
- IBM launches special program for startups building on the cloud!
- The evolution of retail: EyeQ and RosieApp from North America Regionals move on to SmartCamp Global Finals
- #IBMChampion nominations are open worldwide! Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by another. Nominate now! ibm.biz/NominateChamps 5 hours ago
- Learn about the new IBM Digital Marketing Agency program from @sandy_carter ibm.biz/BdEpVK #IBMDAP 1 day ago
- An IBM Champion is an IT pro, biz leader, or educator who influences/mentors others. Nominate now! ibm.biz/NominateChamps #IBMChampion 1 day ago
- "We had 9 startup finalists; that’s the largest SmartCamp Regional we’ve ever had!" - @sandy_carter ibm.biz/BdEpVr #IBMSmartCamp 1 day ago
- Learn about the two BIG reasons why you want to build your business on IBM Cloud: #softlayer@and #bluemix ibm.biz/BdEpVe #startups 2 days ago
Author Archives: martykelly
Today was Day 1 of the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals, a three-day event which kicked off today with a Master Class for the eight startup finalists, featuring a powerhouse lineup of guest speakers. The goal of the day was to … Continue reading
The IBM SmartCamp Global Finals are happening this week! Now that you’ve met all of the finalists through our Meet the Global Finalists series, it’s time to cast your vote. Take a last look at each of the eight startups and … Continue reading
IBM is thrilled to welcome Barbara Corcoran, from ABC’s hit reality series Shark Tank, as a guest speaker at the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in New York City, Feb. 7th. An entrepreneur herself with a fascinating rags-to-riches story, her insights … Continue reading
Yesterday in Sydney the IBM team held an amazing event with the largest number of partners we have ever had for a SmartCamp. There were many highlights not least the companies. In addition we were delighted to hear Peter Kazacos war stories. We’ll … Continue reading
Almost 15 years ago, I interviewed for a management consultant role. When it became apparent that I wasn’t going to get the job, I asked the interviewer what skills and experience I needed to develop. ‘The ability to handle ambiguity’ … Continue reading
The following is from a recent interview with Andrew Gaule on behalf of Global Corporate Venturing Gaule: Give a brief description of the purpose of SmartCamp and when it was formed. Kelly: SmartCamp is about bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced … Continue reading
Interview with Philip Connolly from this weeks Sunday Business Post. Raising finance can be one of the most difficult parts of taking a business to the next level. One of the most important moments in the life of a business … Continue reading