What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- Smarter Commerce Global Summit is coming! Now’s the time to check out the latest Smarter Commerce offering!
- BlueMix Days are coming to you worldwide
- Take the Watson Mobile Developer Challenge
- MyMenu wins the IBM Pulse App Throwdown!
- Not siloed: The promise of cloud technology in the healthcare industry
- Why use #IBM #BlueMix? Watch this short video for more insights into this new mobile app development platform! bit.ly/1m4cGj8 5 hours ago
- Be sure to register before 5/2 – All Star Moments Challenge #SmarterCommerce. Registering gets you conf. exposure! ibm.co/IBMappTD 11 hours ago
- RT @IBMecosystem: Want to distinguish your commerce solution? Ready for IBM Smarter Commerce validation will do that! http://t.co/h2uYVd8iZ… 1 day ago
- RT @IBMecosystem: Being social means you have the ability to find the Right Expert fast! Soc Biz Coffee Break with @sandy_carter - http://t… 3 days ago
- RT @ChadW_dW: #BlueMix removes much of the infrastructure complexity and allows the developer to program. See BlueMix video - http://t.co/R… 3 days ago
Author Archives: martykelly
Today was Day 1 of the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals, a three-day event which kicked off today with a Master Class for the eight startup finalists, featuring a powerhouse lineup of guest speakers. The goal of the day was to … Continue reading
The IBM SmartCamp Global Finals are happening this week! Now that you’ve met all of the finalists through our Meet the Global Finalists series, it’s time to cast your vote. Take a last look at each of the eight startups and … Continue reading
IBM is thrilled to welcome Barbara Corcoran, from ABC’s hit reality series Shark Tank, as a guest speaker at the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in New York City, Feb. 7th. An entrepreneur herself with a fascinating rags-to-riches story, her insights … Continue reading
Yesterday in Sydney the IBM team held an amazing event with the largest number of partners we have ever had for a SmartCamp. There were many highlights not least the companies. In addition we were delighted to hear Peter Kazacos war stories. We’ll … Continue reading
Almost 15 years ago, I interviewed for a management consultant role. When it became apparent that I wasn’t going to get the job, I asked the interviewer what skills and experience I needed to develop. ‘The ability to handle ambiguity’ … Continue reading
The following is from a recent interview with Andrew Gaule on behalf of Global Corporate Venturing Gaule: Give a brief description of the purpose of SmartCamp and when it was formed. Kelly: SmartCamp is about bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced … Continue reading
Interview with Philip Connolly from this weeks Sunday Business Post. Raising finance can be one of the most difficult parts of taking a business to the next level. One of the most important moments in the life of a business … Continue reading
How do you find innovation ? That is a question we ask ourselves on a regular basis. Once you find it how do you harness it? In the following talk from TEDx Montreal Mike Grandinetti explores crowdsourcing innovation. Mike has … Continue reading
A short video with tips from previous winners