What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- The beauty of #SXSW. @reshmasaujani speaking at a panel, Private Tech for Public Good. Don't miss it! bit.ly/1jS4K43 #sxswibm 1 hour ago
- Got an idea for the Watson Mobile Developer Challenge? Come by our SXSW party to learn more! Register now! bit.ly/1ga88mn #sxswibm 2 hours ago
- Get the SMAC-down on #SXSW! Come by the #SoftLayer Engagement Center, Booth 404/406 for live demos, more - bit.ly/NZnPWN #sxswibm 6 hours ago
- Align goals and culture, build trust, design for reputation and risk mgmnt - Read Get Bold! by @sandy_carter bit.ly/1cdAkcg #sxswibm 1 day ago
- IBM helps accelerate many startup businesses. Will yours be next? Stop by our table @SXSW Accelerator bit.ly/NTs3ix #sxswibm 1 day ago
Category Archives: silicon valley
Entrepreneur Week is here, and we’ve got a full week of activities for everyone to enjoy. And let’s be clear, it’s not just for or about IBM. We’ve got an impressive line-up of speakers and mentors engaged through out the … Continue reading
Jim Claussen, IBM Manager of Worldwide Industry Ecosystem Market Management, recently blogged about his experiences at the SmartCamp Silicon Valley event. He shared some of the insights and takeaways offered for entrepreneurs with the aim of helping entrepreneurs succeed with … Continue reading
IBM SmartCamp Silicon Valley perspective from Hult Professor Jeff Saperstein: “Cloud and analytics will transform everything”
I recently had the opportunity to attend a great event hosted by IBM to showcase the six US SmartCamp finalists, each of whom presented masterfully to a panel of veteran VC judges. I attended, not to launch a business, but … Continue reading
After intensive coaching, mentoring and networking with some of the region’s most influential players, Coriell Life Sciences and OnFarm wooed the judges in a capstone pitch competition to win the overall competition. Both companies now advance to IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in … Continue reading
The IBM SmartCamp North America Regional in Silicon Valley was Sept. 19th. Six smart startup finalists were selected to compete at the event in hopes of moving on to the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in San Francisco next February. Here … Continue reading
On Monday, April 15th, the year’s fifth Mentor Day will be held at the IBM Innovation Center in Silicon Valley. Five promising startups will participate–check out their solutions below! The startups will receive intense mentoring from business development experts, tech … Continue reading