What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- A mobile shopping app and a workforce that is 50% women?! Congrats to our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @RosieApp! bit.ly/1nBpZdy 2 days ago
- Excited to announce our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @Rosie! @sandy_carter congratulates the team in her blog: bit.ly/1nBpZdy 2 days ago
- A mobile shopping app and a workforce that is 50% women?! Congrats to our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @Rosie! bit.ly/1nBpZdy 2 days ago
- What are the new disruptive technologies in your local #startup ecosystem? Find out! Register at ibm.biz/BdRLtx #IBMSmartCamp @IBMGE 6 days ago
- Hear best practices from startups in your local ecosystem - IBM SmartCamp Cambridge Register at ibm.biz/BdRLtx #IBMSmartCamp @IBMGE 6 days ago
Category Archives: silicon valley
Coriell Life Sciences is personalizing healthcare with help from IBM. Together, they are integrating genomic data into healthcare management to understand how a patient’s genetics might impact adverse reactions to medication. Using IBM Smarter Process on Cloud, Coriell can manage … Continue reading
Entrepreneur Week is here, and we’ve got a full week of activities for everyone to enjoy. And let’s be clear, it’s not just for or about IBM. We’ve got an impressive line-up of speakers and mentors engaged through out the … Continue reading
Jim Claussen, IBM Manager of Worldwide Industry Ecosystem Market Management, recently blogged about his experiences at the SmartCamp Silicon Valley event. He shared some of the insights and takeaways offered for entrepreneurs with the aim of helping entrepreneurs succeed with … Continue reading
IBM SmartCamp Silicon Valley perspective from Hult Professor Jeff Saperstein: “Cloud and analytics will transform everything”
I recently had the opportunity to attend a great event hosted by IBM to showcase the six US SmartCamp finalists, each of whom presented masterfully to a panel of veteran VC judges. I attended, not to launch a business, but … Continue reading
After intensive coaching, mentoring and networking with some of the region’s most influential players, Coriell Life Sciences and OnFarm wooed the judges in a capstone pitch competition to win the overall competition. Both companies now advance to IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in … Continue reading
The IBM SmartCamp North America Regional in Silicon Valley was Sept. 19th. Six smart startup finalists were selected to compete at the event in hopes of moving on to the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals in San Francisco next February. Here … Continue reading