What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- RT @IBMecosystem: Being social means you have the ability to find the Right Expert fast! Soc Biz Coffee Break with @sandy_carter - http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @ChadW_dW: #BlueMix removes much of the infrastructure complexity and allows the developer to program. See BlueMix video - http://t.co/R… 1 day ago
- RT @ChadW_dW: Austin A-List of Hottest Start-ups. Nominations open! Know an awesome candidate? @AustinChamber @SXSW #ATXalister http://t.co… 6 days ago
- RT @ibmpw: Submit your app to the IBM Smarter Commerce Global Summit 2014: All Star Moments Challenge bit.ly/1jxD7Ox #IBMPartners 1 week ago
- Mobile & Cloud: Opening up new opportunities for education - Interesting article, good read bit.ly/1oqoeSI #IBMmobile @scharffc 1 week ago
Tag Archives: business analytics
What do you do when you work in a lab that has invested thousands in high-tech equipment but is still recording its findings in a three-ring binder? Most people might think to themselves, “there should be a better way to … Continue reading
On Thursday, Feb 7 2013, the public session of the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals was held at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. At 1pm in the afternoon the over 250 guests started to file in and the excitement … Continue reading
Meet Poikos, a 3D body imaging startup from Amsterdam and co-winner of the IBM SmartCamp European Regional. They’ll be competing for the title IBM Entrepreneur of the Year in NYC, Feb. 5-7! This is part 6 of 8 in our … Continue reading
Meet SkyFoundry, a data analysis startup from Virginia, and co-winner of the IBM SmartCamp North American Regional. They’ll be competing for the title IBM Entrepreneur of the Year next month in NYC, Feb. 5-7! This is part 3 of 8 … Continue reading
Nuve is a global startup company in the emerging field of Telematics and Asset Management with a strong research and development team. Nuve capitalizes on the ability to solve problems for vast business sectors worldwide using its fast-concept-to-market strategy thanks to … Continue reading
As we approach next week’s Latin American SmartCamp Regional Finals and get to know our six finalists, our understanding of these young startups might be improved if we have a broader understanding of the economic environments from which they emerged. … Continue reading
Junar provides an easy-to-use Open Data & Data Monetization Platform. Governments, businesses and other organizations use Junar to transform “hidden datasets” into “valuable live data assets.” Open Data allows organizations to comply with regulation, embrace proactive transparency, increase efficiency and collaboration, and drive … Continue reading
Hygeia offers a solution to manage healthcare risks in a smarter way, allowing hospitals and healthcare providers to improve profits, strengthen reputation and, best of all, save more lives. Their solution gathers real-time data on patient condition, prescriptions, nutrition supplied, test … Continue reading