What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- Congrats @measurence - a finalist at #IBMSmartCamp Cambridge. Welcome to partnering with #IBM. Great job, guys! bit.ly/UILe1z 9 hours ago
- Congrats @AstraIDentity - a finalist at #IBMSmartCamp Cambridge. Welcome to partnering with #IBM. You guys rock! bit.ly/UILe1z 16 hours ago
- RT @christinekeung: We won @IBMSmartCamp! @RosieApp heading to Silicon Valley for Nationals! http://t.co/EaPzCdTZv4 1 day ago
- It’s all roses for @RosieApp at #IBMSmartCamp Cambridge. Congrats on the great event @IBMCambridge! Read the story -> bit.ly/UILe1z 1 day ago
- A mobile shopping app and a workforce that is 50% women?! Congrats to our @IBMCambridge #SmartCamp winner @RosieApp! bit.ly/1nBpZdy 5 days ago
Tag Archives: investor
Too often in recent days, we turn on our TVs to see images of violence and political turmoil in Cairo. But behind the turmoil, there are businesses working to grow and entrepreneurs striving to make the world a better place. … Continue reading
On April 9th, 2013, the IBM Global Entrepreneur program hosted a Mentor Day at the IBM Client Center in Copenhagen, Denmark. The purpose of the day was to help Global Entrepreneur startups progress through presentations and mentoring sessions. At the … Continue reading
Each year, the companies who make it to the SmartCamp Global Finals are always brilliant startups who are leaders in their field. But what happens once their SmartCamp journey ends? Most of them, like StreetLight Data, go on to do … Continue reading
This week, the IBM Global Entrepreneur program will kick into high gear, hosting three Mentor Days in three different cities–Copenhagen, Denmark on Tuesday, April 9th, and Waltham, Massachusetts and Lund, Sweden on Wednesday April 10th. Each event has a great … Continue reading
Last week on March 28th, IBM Global Entrepreneur kicked off its 2013 program with the first-ever Mentor Day event, held at the IBM Innovation Center in Dublin, Ireland. It is the first of seven events taking place across Europe. Five startups … Continue reading
At the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals on Feb. 7th, IBM was happy to welcome not only business leaders and entrepreneurs in the audience, but many students as well. Here is a piece about the event written by MBA candidate Jamie … Continue reading
The 2012 IBM SmartCamp Global Finals may be over, but 2013 is just getting started for the IBM Global Entrepreneur program. So what’s new this year? The SmartCamp competition will continue in full swing in 2013 but in addition Global … Continue reading
Just a few weeks ago, at the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals on Feb. 7th 2013, MoDe was announced winner of the competition. But before being named IBM Entrepreneur of the Year MoDe began like any other startup; as just an … Continue reading