What is SmartCamp?SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital.
What is Smarter Planet?We are now moving into a world where we're getting to an Internet of things and devices and increasing instrumentation. We have an overwhelming amount of data that companies have to deal with. And that's another reality in a smart world - the need for new insight, new analytics, new intelligence to deal with this explosion of data. That's another angle in a smart world where IBM can help companies.
- Meet me in San Francisco! SmartCamp finalists compete in the City by the Bay
- Brazilian startup, Geekie, wins SmartCamp Latin America
- Nova Lumos and Shopa take European regional, headed to San Francisco
- Startup insight: Interview with Augmentation Industries
- After Istanbul, 3 more going to San Francisco
- RT @MetaphorMaven: If you are an #entrepreneur working to build a smarter planet, #IBM wants to help you succeed. ibm.co/gep111... 6 hours ago
- Preview of our amazing #startup finalists for the @IBMSmartCamp Global Finals in San Fran, Feb 6, 2014 bit.ly/J7kQtx Time to get... 15 hours ago
- RT @ripjay: I love this-Making Q&A sessions FUN! > Catchbox Is A Throwable Microphone To Get The Audience Talking via @techcrunch http://t.… 1 day ago
- Check out @CoriellLife - a finalist for the global finals in #SanFrancisco, Feb. 6th. Vote for you favorite! bit.ly/1iNAtpM 2 days ago
- Check out @onfarmsystems - a finalist for the global finals in #SanFrancisco, Feb. 6th. Vote for you favorite! bit.ly/1iNAtpM 2 days ago
Tag Archives: mentor
Congratulations to LineMetrics for winning Mentor Day Vienna! LineMetrics provides manufacturing analytics-as-a-service. They develop hardware and analytics cloud service to provide a do-it-yourself/one-stop-shop solution for their customers. They are enabling manufacturing companies to record and analyze sensor and machine data.
On May 8th, IBM Global Entrepreneur hosted a Mentor Day at the IBM Innovation Center in Austin, Texas. The mentoring sessions coupled with Austin IBM Innovation Center’s Connect with the Ecosystem event made for an extremely successful day. The event began … Continue reading
On Monday, April 15th, the year’s fifth Mentor Day will be held at the IBM Innovation Center in Silicon Valley. Five promising startups will participate–check out their solutions below! The startups will receive intense mentoring from business development experts, tech … Continue reading
Each year, the companies who make it to the SmartCamp Global Finals are always brilliant startups who are leaders in their field. But what happens once their SmartCamp journey ends? Most of them, like StreetLight Data, go on to do … Continue reading
This week, the IBM Global Entrepreneur program will kick into high gear, hosting three Mentor Days in three different cities–Copenhagen, Denmark on Tuesday, April 9th, and Waltham, Massachusetts and Lund, Sweden on Wednesday April 10th. Each event has a great … Continue reading
Last week on March 28th, IBM Global Entrepreneur kicked off its 2013 program with the first-ever Mentor Day event, held at the IBM Innovation Center in Dublin, Ireland. It is the first of seven events taking place across Europe. Five startups … Continue reading
Today marked the very first Mentor Day for the IBM Global Entrepreneur program. It took place at the Dublin IBM Innovation Center and the day featured a packed agenda of intense mentoring sessions. The five startups who participated were: Oral … Continue reading
The 2012 IBM SmartCamp Global Finals may be over, but 2013 is just getting started for the IBM Global Entrepreneur program. So what’s new this year? The SmartCamp competition will continue in full swing in 2013 but in addition Global … Continue reading
Just a few weeks ago, at the IBM SmartCamp Global Finals on Feb. 7th 2013, MoDe was announced winner of the competition. But before being named IBM Entrepreneur of the Year MoDe began like any other startup; as just an … Continue reading
At the SmartCamp Global Finals on Feb. 7 2013, IBM was happy to welcome many entrepreneurs in the audience, including budding entrepreneur Urvashi Mathur. She is the COO and co-founder of TestRocker, global startup which delivers a comprehensive online education … Continue reading